British Columbia Ski Tour
9 day guided ski safari in British Columbia. do more on your canada ski vacation.
Start your British Columbia ski tour in Kelowna and experience the undeniable best skiing on the continent over the course of nine powder filled days. If you crave untouched powder, world class terrain and the rustic mountain culture BC is famous for, this ski tour is your ultimate snow vacation. During your ski safari you will experience the largest vertical in North America and endless powder stashes at Revelstoke, as well as heli-ski worthy terrain and epic panoramas at Kicking Horse, then epic tree skiing and some of the lightest snow on the planet at Whitewater Ski Resort. The best part is: your personal guide will show you all the best spots on the mountain, so you can go right to the secret stashes everyday on your British Columbia ski tour
Kiss lift lines good bye with a powder ski tour at British Columbia's off the beaten path resorts during your Canada ski vacation.
Don't stop having fun when the chairlift stops. Join your guide for some epic hot spring excursions and group après ski to make sure your Canada ski tour is the ski trip of a lifetime. Reward your legs after a long day of shredding the slopes by soaking in three different hot springs, each along the shores of a gorgeous lake or river with the stars twinkling overhead. Your guide will help point you in the right direction to find the best après ski and dining in each town, as well as arrange anything from optional activities to connecting flights and shuttles.
Tell your ski guide exactly what you desire and we'll deliver the goods on a silver (actually white and snowy) platter.
Choosing a guided ski tour allows you to get way more out of your Canada ski vacation. Experience several mountains in one trip, as well as off the beaten path attractions along the way, such as hidden hot springs and the most vibrant après ski. Relax and let us handle all the details during your ski trip, such as driving, planning the route, showing you the best terrain, recommending dining and shopping as well as handling all the reservations and logistics during the tour. Your local guide knows this area better than anyone, meaning that you can rest assured knowing your in good hands and won't miss out on anything. Fresh Adventures is a fully insured and licensed adventure tourism company, with industry leading guides. Let us make your Canada ski vacation the ski tour of a lifetime!
British Columbia Ski Tour Quick Facts:
|9 days - 6 skiing|
start/ end location:
|Pick up and drop off from your Kelowna hotel. 9 day tour ends in Nelson, BC. Nelson is near airports and along bus routes to Vancouver, Calgary and Kelowna.|
Ski/ board Ability:
|Beginner to Advanced (every mountain has options for all skill levels)|
|20% expert, 30% advanced, 30% intermediate, 20% novice.|
|Available at each mountain. We can help arrange these for you.|
Dining/ Apres Ski:
|Each town on your ski tour has some of the best apres ski in BC as well as an excellent choice of dining options. We will help you choose the best restaurants and make reservations. Your guide will also arrange group dining and apres ski options each night.|
|Hand picked hotels, lodges and inns, in convenient locations for you. We prefer accommodations with hot tubs for optimal relaxation each day. Expect clean and comfortable 3 star hotels. Double occupancy or upgrade to single supplement.|
|XC skiing/ snowshoeing, dogsledding, heli/ cat skiing, scenic flights, shopping and spas|
"I went on trip with these guys through BC this past Winter and had an absolute blast. The accommodations were great, we scored some amazing powder days and the guide knew all the spots to hit the untouched snow. When we had some downtime we were shown around the area, given some insider info on great spots to eat and even hiked into some secluded hot springs. The guide took us at the perfect time to the springs so, besides the local wildlife, we were the only ones there. Alex nailed it!" -GaryMore Reviews on Powderhounds.com
British Columbia Ski Tour Itinerary:
- Day 1: Kelowna pickup Meet in Kelowna at your hotel. Once we have gotten to know each other we hop in the van and head two hours North to the rustic mountain town of Revelstoke. We drive along beautiful cliff lined highway through 3 Valley Gap, and beside shimmering lakes. Get settled in your hotel before we hit the town for dinner as a group, or opt to do your own thing.
- Day 2: Ski Revelstoke, Halcyon Hot Springs Fill yourself on a hearty breakfast before we head up to the mountain for our first morning of epic big mountain skiing. Try your luck on the endless variety of chutes, head walls, pillow lines or rolling tree lines, or take a scenic ride down “The Last Spike”, with views of Begbie Glacier. When you can't ski another inch we head back into town for a delicious dinner. Come along on an outing across a ferry to the other side of the lake where we soak in 104 degree Fahrenheit hot springs, beneath swirling night skies.
- Day 3: Ski Revelstoke Back at it today, we hit Revelstoke for another dream ski session. Get used to the terrain, because we're going to see a lot more of it! If you want a challenge hike to the shoulder of Mackenzie Peak and drop in on “Mania” or “Discipline” to experience some world class steep skiing. At the end of the day we go for another well earned meal, or you can roam around the quaint town on your own.
- Day 4: Ski Kicking Horse We start off by heading through Roger's Pass, infamous for its avalanche tunnels and towering peaks, on our way to Golden. Take the gondola to the top of Kicking Horse to enjoy the incredible 360 degree views, before dropping in on hair raising chutes and tree runs. Although Kicking Horse has plenty of beginner terrain, it is known for the abundance of steep, gnarly chutes, tree runs and pillowy bowls. Ride top to bottom runs to torture your legs, or keep to the top on aptly named “Stairway to Heaven” chair. Relax with views of the “Dog Tooth Range” and excellent dining options.
- Day 5: Ski Kicking Horse Hit Kicking Horse for another powder filled day with million dollar views of the Rocky Mountains. Hike past the chair to charge epic powder runs in “Whitewall”, if you dare, or sip a fine glass of wine in the Eagle's Eye Lodge at the top of the mountain. Eagle's Eye is renown for having the best ski lodge view, which is sure to drop your jaw. Don't forget to squeeze in some après at Whitetooth, a local favourite.
- Day 6: "Valley of a Thousand Peaks", Lussier Hot Springs Sleep in a bit and relax, today we are driving South through the “Valley of a Thousand Peaks”, stopping in for a delightful soak in Lussier Hotsprings. These hot springs are a completely natural flow of hot spring water in a rock pool on the side of Whiteswan River. Ease your muscles in the hot water and take in the beautiful surrounding gorge and river. We continue through Cranbrook, where you debark if you are on the 6 day tour, then head West for Kootenay Pass. Once we climb the rugged pass we descend into Nelson, an almost mythical town in the heart of the Kootenays. For years Nelson has been attracting people's attention with its legendary community spirit and local based economy. This tiny town of roughly ten thousand is home to close to 80 bars and restaurants as well as countless cafes, shops and even Oso Negro, a must try coffee roaster. We are confident you will not be bored in Nelson, where we stay for 3 nights.
- Day 7: Ski Whitewater, Ainsworth Hot Springs Dining and nightlife is not all Nelson has in spades. Head up to Whitewater for some world class steep tree skiing, that will have you whooping with the locals in no time. Hit “Backside” for the pillow rides of your life, or see how tough your legs are on “Sproulers”. Whitewater also has tons of friendly groomed options, and lodge food that is voted some of the best in the world. So good in fact, that they came out with best selling cookbooks "Whitewater Chefs". Instead of the usual ski hill microwaved poutine, try the Ymir Bowl, or healthy salads that will leave you inspired. Don't worry they have inspiring burgers too! Of course we enjoy a much needed soak in Ainsworth Hot Springs, where you can wander deep into the hand chiseled grotto for the hottest water.
- Day 8: Ski Whitewater Hit the rugged, snowy slopes of Whitewater for another incredible day of launching off everything and narrowly avoiding every species of tree. Impressive Ymir peak towers above the ski area and makes for really incredible photos. The patio at the bottom is always in the sun, and is usually a perfect place to grab a cold beer while watching the crazy locals rip down the steepest moguls on the mountain. Try Jackson's Hole or Library Lounge for some mouthwatering local dishes, or Mike's Place to mingle with the lively locals. You have the option to catch a flight or bus on this day as well.
- Day 9: Relax and Departure Day: Sleep in and relax your legs after the ski trip of a lifetime. Opt to stroll around Nelson, exploring the myriad local shops and cafes. Hop on a shuttle to Kelowna, or a shuttle to Spokane Airport.
- Transportation in comfortable van.
- Expert guide for entire trip.
- Light ski or snowboard coaching if desired.
- 8 nights accommodation
- 6 days lift tickets (with lift ticket package)
- 3 hot spring excursions depending on tour option.
- Pick up and drop off at hotel at tour start and end.
- 5% local tax
- Trip cancellation/ travel medical insurance.
- Meals and alcohol.
- Rentals and lessons (we can arrange these for you).
- Getting around in each town during free time.
- Travel expenses before and after the tour.
- Optional extra activities.
British Columbia ski Tour Dates: 2017/ 2018 winter
Below are the departure dates for the 9 day ski tour. Inventory is not guaranteed.
- December 30 2017- January 7, 2018 - Filling fast!
- January 20- 28, 2018
- February 3- 11, 2018 - 1 space left
- February 17- 25, 2018 - Filling fast
- March 3-11, 2018 - 2 spaces left
- March 17- 25, 2018
British Columbia Ski Tour Options and Rates:
Book your BC ski tour with or without lift tickets, to suit your desires and motivation to ski everyday. All prices subject to 5% local tax.