Rocky Mountain Ski Tour
Ever wondered what it's like to live in a snow globe? We did too, and trust us, it's just as fun as it looks. This Western Canada ski tour brings you right to the heart of the Rocky Mountains, where the slopes are wide open, covered in snow and the sun is most likely to shine on you. Skiing the “Big Three”, Sunshine, Lake Louise and Norquay, has always been a bucket list item for self respecting skiers and snowboarders. Banff boasts an exceptional selection of restaurants, ranging from wondering which fork to start with, to jostling around a counter for your midnight goat cheese and elk poutine. Banff Avenue is world famous for shopping, cultural souvenirs, mouth watering sweets and rowdy nightlife, as if skiing some of Canada's best didn't tire you out already. If you prefer to relax, Banff is home to an incredible selection of spas, hot springs and cafés. To make this Rocky Mountain ski tour really special we have decided to take our groups out for a signature Banff dining experience during one of the tour nights. Before creating this ski tour, we always seemed to keep gravitating back to Banff for its irresistible charm. Now is your chance to find out why we keep coming back.
tour length: 9 days
Tour start/ end location: Your calgary hotel
ski ability: Beginner to advanced (every mountain has options for all skill levels)
equipment rental: Available
lessons: available at each mountain
dining: dine individually or with the group. we include a complimentary signature banff dining experience in your tour
aprÈs ski: some of the best in the world. if you can imagine in, banff has it
ski shops: banff is loaded with every kind of shop
accommodation: hand picked hotels, lodges and inns in convenient locations for you
optional activities: sleigh rides, hot springs, indoor climbing, spas and much more
Rocky Mountain Ski tour itinerary
Itinerary may vary slightly according to group decisions, reservation availability and snow conditions. This is roughly what to expect.
- Day 1: We meet at your hotel in Calgary and get to know everybody, before heading 2 hours west into the majestic Rocky Mountains. After enjoying the incredible mountain views we check into your comfortable hotel, where you stay for the entire trip. Once you are settled in we head downtown as a group for a quick tour of the legendary Banff town centre, where your guide will recommend a tasty place to eat.
- Day 2: We head to Sunshine Village today, world renown for open alpine slopes and some of the world's most playful terrain. Challenge yourself on the steep fall line ridges, or make the most of the scenery while cruising down one of the many beginner runs. Go hard until your legs burn because we're going to the Sulphur Mountain Hot Springs and treating our sore bodies tonight!
- Day 3: Wake up feeling refreshed, then hop aboard as we head 45 minutes North to Lake Louise. Today you get to test your legs on one of the most highly rated ski hills on the planet. Rip lines through open bowls, or crank out turns through endless tree runs. If your legs are still feeling wobbly from Sunshine don't worry, Lake Louise is blessed with an unbelievable view of the lake and glacier. Enjoy some free time exploring the wealth of amenities, such as restaurants, bars, breweries, cafes, spas and shops in Banff tonight.
- Day 4: Today we head to Norquay, which is conveniently located right above Banff. Enjoy skiing some highly underrated terrain, while taking in picture perfect views of Banff and the surrounding mountains. As a special complimentary treat tonight, enjoy a signature Banff dining experience at the Grizzly House, renown for its delectable fondue platters.
- Day 5: Redeem yourself today as we return to Sunshine Village. Skiing at Sunshine really feels like the Alps. Tonight we will arrange a group activity, such as a scenic walk or tour of the Banff Springs Hotel. Of course, you may also go your own way and create your own memorable Banff experience.
- Day 6: We head to Lake Louise and do our best on the slopes, remembering to take lots of pictures of the epic vistas in all directions. Tonight enjoy some more free time in Banff, where there is a lifetime worth of experiences waiting for you to discover.
- Day 7: Show us how strong your legs are by heading up to Sunshine for another powder filled day of skiing. Take lots of photos, and treat yourself to a cold beer on the slope side patio.
- Day 8: Not crawling yet? Ok, we head to Lake Louise again for once last day of leg burning paradise. Tonight we soak in the Sulphur Mountain Hot Springs one last time, enjoying the starry skies and soothing warm water. Feel free to be a showboat and rent a traditional bathing suit.
- Day 9: Today we head back to Calgary as a group and drop you off at your hotel. Today you depart from our tour, but you will be part of our family forever!
- Transportation in comfortable van.
- Expert guide for entire trip.
- Accommodation in hand picked hotels, lodges and inns.
- 7 lift passes to 3 world class ski resorts. (With LT package)
- 2 entries to Upper Sulphur Mountain hot springs.
- Pick up and drop off at hotel on day 1/ 9.
- Complimentary signature Banff dining experience.
- 5% GST.
- Single supplement ($795).
- Equipment rentals and lessons.(We can arrange these)
- Meals and alcohol.
- Travel medical/ trip cancellation insurance.
- Transportation to/ from tour start/ end location.
- Personal alcohol during signature dining experience.
- Personal transportation during free time, extra activities.
2017 tour dates are coming soon!
package options and rates
Prices subject to change.
Full tour with 7 lift tickets: $2995
full tour with no lift tickets: $2395
single supplement: $795
More tours like this
British Columbia powder tour
11 days | Starting at $2895
Departing from Kelowna, BC