Vancouver Island Adventure Tour
8 Day Guided Vancouver Island Adventure Tour. Luxury Camping and adventure.
What's not to love about a guided adventure on Vancouver Island? With endless waterfalls, lakes and beaches, or scenic drives, mountains and rainforest walks, this Vancouver Island adventure tour leaves little to be desired. Start your Vancouver Island adventure with a tour of Victoria, then pass through Cathedral Grove and hop on a scenic cruise through Barkley Sound. Get in touch with the ocean on your Vancouver Island adventure tour on a high speed boat cruise through Clayquot Sound, and soak in Tofino's natural hot springs. Visit Strathcona Park, famous for wildlife and world class scenery, where we camp beneath starry skies and hike through old growth forests to tranquil alpine lakes. No adventure tour to Vancouver Island is complete without the Gulf Islands, so we head to Saltspring Island for a peaceful night on the Georgia Strait. During your Vancouver Island adventure tour we camp at 5 beautiful camping areas, ranging from ocean beaches, to old growth forests and alpine lakes. Each campsite during your adventure offers lots to do, including swimming, amazing berry picking and beautiful sunset walks. Gourmet meals on your tour will change your view on camp food, catering to most dietary restrictions. Your Vancouver Island adventure tour menu includes lots of fresh local meats, seafoods and fine cheeses, as well as hordes of fresh fruit and healthy salads. This Vancouver Island adventure tour is a dream waiting to be discovered. Come on a guided adventure to this sunny paradise and see why we love it so much!
Vancouver Island Adventure Tour quick facts
|8 days/ 7 nights|
start/ end location:
|Pick up and drop off from your central Victoria hotel.|
|We cater to all fitness levels. charge ahead or relax.|
|Gourmet and fresh food prepared by your guide for all diets. Our menu features tons of healthy, local food. All meals are included from pick up to drop off.|
|Comfortable and eaasy camping as a group with hot showers available most days. Single or double occupancy in high quality 2 or 3 person tents with good sleeping pads.|
|Sleeping bag (or rent one), your personal clothing plus good walking footwear, towel, bathing suit, daypack, sunscreen, water bottle, sunglasses and camera.|
|Victoria city tour, daily hiking excursions, Tofino free time, wine tasting and swimming. Optional surfing, Barkley Sound cruise and Tofino ocean excursion.|
Vancouver Island camping adventure itinerary
Itinerary may change slightly due to weather or availability of activities. This is roughly what to expect.
- Day 1: Victoria city tour We gather you up from your Victoria hotel or Victoria airport and get to know everyone before starting our grand tour of Victoria's quaint harbour and downtown. Victoria has a wealth of historical landmarks to wonder at, and picture how it has changed over the last hundred years. After our tour we head West out of the city and to the Pacific Coast where we camp with a commanding view of the Olympic Peninsula. Set up your tent below lofty old growth trees, and next to luscious Salal berry bushes. Feast beneath open skies and talk about the exciting days ahead of us.
- Day 2: Port Renfrew and giant treesLoad up on a fresh, healthy breakfast before hopping in the van and continuing North along the West Coast of Vancouver Island. We stop to marvel at the gigantic trees and bountiful tidal pools around quiet and rugged Port Renfrew, then watch the landscape change as we pass through the Cowichan Valley. Stand beneath the tallest trees on the coast in Cathedral Grove before settling down to camp on the pleasant shores of Sproat Lake. Watch the sun set as we enjoy a hearty meal.
- Day 3: Barkley SoundWake up bright and early to a tasty breakfast, then load up on the Francis Barkley for your scenic cruise through Barkley Sound on this working packet freighter. Stop in at places seldom seen along its voyage through the distant corners of the sound, entertained by the efficiency of the working crew loading and unloading supplies at each remote port. Watch for humpback whales and bald eagles as you steam past the Broken Group Islands, and sea lions and seals as you pull into Ucuelet. We head North towards Tofino, legendary surf and adventure town and one of the furthest west destinations in Canada. Explore endless beaches and rain forests, smelling the salty air and spotting eagles overhead. Set up camp at Bella Pacifica campground right on the beach,while watching the brilliant west coast sun set.
- Day 4: TofinoHow could we enjoy being near the Pacific Ocean more than embarking on a high speed boating excursion through the deep fjords of Clayoquot Sound. We cruise through rugged landscapes, tamed by no man, on our way to Hot Springs Cove for a soothing soak in the natural hot springs. When we return to Tofino you have a few hours to explore the town on slightly wobbly legs, or if you desire you can opt for a quick surf session.
- Day 5: Coombs and waterfallsToday we drive East along the infamous “Highway of Waterfalls”, heading for Strathcona Provincial Park. We make a stop in Coombs, a popular market filled with locally made art, delicacies and souvenirs. Check out several waterfalls, and feast your eyes on the alpine playground of Vancouver Island. We camp beneath the dark, starry sky on the shores of Buttle Lake.
- Day 6: Strathcona Provincial ParkWake up to the smell of a hearty breakfast, and fill yourself before our hike. Today we hike through old growth trees, meandering up to a brilliant, open alpine world and Bedwell Lake. See how many kinds of mushrooms you can spot on the way up, or how many berries you can stuff in your mouth! Picnic beside the lake, and even go for a refreshing swim in the calm, inviting waters. Arrive back at our beautiful camp and kick your feet up; you earned it!
- Day 7: Campbell River and Gulf Island vibesStart off the day exploring Campbell River and perusing the busy working port, before heading for the Gulf Islands. We pass pleasant, warm beaches, facing the brilliant panorama of the coast mountain ranges, where we stop and take pictures. Hop aboard the ferry to Salt Spring Island and try the laid back Gulf Island lifestyle. We hang out at secluded beaches and hike to a viewpoint with dominating views of the Strait of Georgia. Gather around a warm fire and reflect on all the amazing memories of the tour with your new friends.
- Day 8: South to VictoriaWe enjoy a final breakfast together and board the ferry back to the main island, beginning our journey South to Victoria. Enjoy the scenic drive over the Malahat Pass and through Goldstream Park, before we drop you off at your hotel or the airport.
- Transportation in comfortable van.
- Expert guide for entire trip.
- Camping and use of quality tent/ sleeping pad (Dbl Occ).
- All meals from pick up to drop off.
- Guided hikes and excursions during entire tour.
- Vitoria city tour
- Pick up and drop off at hotel in Victoria day 1/ 8
- 5% local tax.
- Trip cancellation/ travel medical insurance.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Single tent supplement ($200)
- Optional sleeping bag rental ($50)
- Personal expenses before and after tour.
- Personal alcohol.
- Optional activities: (Barkley Sound Cruise $45, Tofino hot springs excursion $130, Surf Lesson $30- $100)
Vancouver Island Adventure tour dates
- June 7- 14, 2017
- June 19- 26, 2017
- July 26- August 2, 2017
- August 30- September 6, 2017
Vancouver Island Adventure tour options and rates
All prices are subject to a 5% local tax. Prices are subject to change.